Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Claims
What can I expect once I have filed a claim in writing?
- You should receive a written acknowledgment of claim within one (1) week of ITIC having received your written claim notice. The acknowledgment will contain the name and contact information for the claims administrator assigned to your claim. Note: If you do not receive an acknowledgement of your claim within one week of filing your written claim, please contact the claims department immediately.
- After your claim has been received and acknowledged, the claims administrator will immediately begin an investigation of your claim.
What does the investigation of my claim involve?
- Your claim will first be investigated for coverage. If it is determined that there is coverage for your claim, the claim will be investigated for repair/resolution options. Should it be determined that there is no coverage for your claim, you will be notified in writing.
How long will the investigation of my claim take?
- Your claims administrator will begin the investigation of your claim upon receipt of your written claim and all required documentation. The length of the investigation varies greatly depending on the nature of the claim.
How will my claim get resolved?
- In accordance with your Policy, ITIC has several options for repair or resolution of your claim:
- Pay the claim against your title.
- Negotiate a settlement.
- Prosecute or defend a court case related to the claim
- Pay you the amount required by the Policy.
- Take other action which will protect you.
- Cancel the Policy by paying the Policy amount and costs in accordance with the terms of the Policy.
How long will it take to resolve my claim?
- The length of time to repair or resolve your claim will depend on the nature of your claim. Who do I call if I have questions regarding my claim?You should receive a written acknowledgement of claim within one (1) week of ITIC having received your written claim notice. The acknowledgement will contain the name and contact information for the claims administrator assigned to your claim. Please contact your administrator for specific questions regarding your claim. NOTE: Do not contact the claims department for specific questions regarding your claim until you have filed your claim in writing and have received an acknowledgment of your claim.
Can I receive legal advice from ITIC?
- NO. ITIC is not able to provide you with legal advice. If you feel you need legal advice, and ITIC has not retained an attorney on your behalf, we suggest that you seek the advice of an attorney.